Sunday, September 30, 2012

Really teachers?



Dear teachers,

We know you were students in school sitting behind the desk listening to teachers talk, BUT what we don’t understand is why do you give us SOOO much homework? It is one thing I don’t understand considering the fact you were once in our shoes. Did you like your teachers giving you 7 hours of homework? That’s right this weekend I have spent about 7 hours on homework and honestly I have about 1 and half hours more to go.

I understand that you want us to know what you taught that day but you have to keep in mind we are involved in so many different activities and we do have anywhere between 3 to 7 classes at school. If every teacher assigns 2 hours of homework it is impossible to finish! Not to mention really unfair. We are teenagers we need time to do what we want and enjoy our weekends. Considering the fact that we get hours and hours of endless homework we are just rotting away in our bedrooms doing all this work. It really stinks and it is so tiring.

I’m not saying teachers shouldn’t give us homework… although that would be so nice, all I’m saying is that they should consider our outside life and the fact that we have so many other classes with homework. I just feel that 7 hours of homework especially homecoming weekend is a bit much, don’t you think?

Another thing when a student asks to go to the bathroom why can’t you just say yes?! I mean really there have been a few times where I was debating on just peeing on the dang seat! Is it really that big of a deal if someone leaves the class for 5 freaking minutes to pee! Teachers always say “just wait till the lessons over” or “in 5 minutes” we all know 5 minutes means the end of the class. Personally I think it is so mean! I understand we need to ask but I think you just need to say yes! It really isn’t that big of a deal if we go to the bathroom, how would you like if someone locked you in a classroom for an hour and then you only had 5 minutes to get to the other side of the school, through a crowd of 2000 people and then the bell rings and your bathroom time is up. So you are stuck another hour with no chance. Just let us go to the bathroom.

Also teachers please just be understanding some times, yeah there are those students that make up an excuse every day, but there are those innocent students who maybe their dog really did eat their homework or in my case just peed on it, or my mom threw it away (this actually has happened to be like 3 times). The students that get their work done every day on time perfectly done still get punished even if maybe they found out their grandpa died so they spent the weekend out of town. Sometimes the student is  going through really tough times and just failed this test, I really just think teachers need to understand their students more, take more time get to know their life and who the student is, I think the teacher needs to respect the student up until the point the student doesn’t respect the teacher.  It is only fair.

I’m not trying make teachers hate me all I’m saying is take a break on the homework! And let us pee when we need to! Cause the next time I really gotta go and teacher won’t let me, I straight up and going to pee in the seat.

No comments:

Post a Comment